Are you an existing Manager working in the mental health/dependency sector, who is experienced with CQC and are looking for a new challenge and want to make a real difference to society?
If so, then a new role has become available at Helping Hands Essex (HHE). HHE are a charity who specialise in helping the homeless with alcohol and drug dependency. Established 9 years, the charity needs a manager who is passionate about running an experienced team of counsellors, support workers and operations/housing staff. CQC experience is essential, and the successful candidate will become the Registered Manager. We need a candidate who thrives in bringing order and diligence to what is a very dynamic, changeable environment with vulnerable clients.
You will oversee the care plans including input from the therapeutic staff for up to 15 clients, for both our primary care and move-on clients. You will complete audits, carry out risk assessments and conduct team meetings. Developing individuals and empowering them to deliver a service which takes clients from ‘dependence to independence’ will also fall under the Manager’s remit.
Previous mental health/ dependency management experience is essential, preferably in the Health and Social Care/ Medical sector.
You will be supported by a team of trustees who you will report into. The Trustees will meet monthly and work closely with the Registered Manager to ensure CQC standards are being met, and the clients are receiving top quality care.
The position will be 5 days a week based at HHE’s head office in Chelmsford.
Salary – £30,000 – £35,000 / dependent on experience
The successful candidate’s responsibilities include:
- Managing the therapeutic and operations team and all the auditing processes relating to the charity
- Become the registered manager and be responsible for delivering a good CQC rating
- Implement the HHE strategy, agreed by the Trustees, supporting all functions of the business to work together.
- Having a keen focus on finances in accordance with budgets and budgetary changes. Being involved in fund raising and applying for grants along with the Trustees
- Communicating changes in all aspects of the charity to the team
- Ensure all policies and procedures are being always followed
- Manage and nurture development for the staff by identifying skill set gaps and putting training in place
- Regularly executing staff appraisals and set clear goals and objectives
- Report monthly to the Trustees and attend a monthly Trustee meeting
- Be responsible for overall care plans, ensuring all the relevant people are feeding into the care plans and updating the care plans regularly
- Participate in educational and training workshops to progress you own development
The necessary candidate will have experience in working in the mental health/dependency sector and have strong CQC experience and proof of delivering a good rating.
Please send your CV to Catherine@hhe.org.uk or call 07971 532551