The support we offer...
Alcoholism is an illness, not a bad habit and we cannot change the past, but we can start afresh. It soon stops being about drink and starts being about living life.
Just by visiting this website, this is a huge step on the journey to a healthier and happier life. The team at Helping Hands Essex has helped many people to overcome their battle with alcohol and to go on to build successful futures.
We offer a structured to support our clients on that journey, hour by hour and day by day. If you are committed to a new start without alcohol, our team of professionals and volunteers – several in recovery themselves and eager to help others to achieve the same goal – are on hand to provide the support and guidance needed.
How do help clients stay sober?
- Group therapy
- One-to-one counselling
- Finances, relationships and legal matters
- Accommodation if otherwise homeless
- Relapse prevention and aftercare
- Clean and sober move-on house
How are we going to help clients 'live life'?
- Preparing for training or return to work
- Leisure activities and hobbies
- Evening and weekend plans
- Creative and complementary therapies
If you find yourself homeless and in need of a safe and supportive environment while you create the life you want to lead, HHE offers residential facilities, too.
We have many years of direct experience of alcoholism, substance abuse and recovery and work closely with other agencies as you build a brighter future.
In return, HHE clients are expected to:
- Abstain from alcohol and any other mood-altering substances
- Be honest, open and willing to participate fully and take suggestions on board
- Show respect for our rules and community, to fellow residents and to all you come into contact with
If you’re ready to understand your addiction, to learn how to live your life free from alcohol and to achieve the dreams and ambitions you may have long forgotten, make contact today to take that next step on the road to recovery.
“More importantly I have, as a direct consequence of HHE’s help, rebuilt my life.”